Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default GFCI Problem

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:51:28 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

croy wrote in
:

Two years ago, I revamped a 20a circuit in my (USA) house. I
added some outlets, and put a GFCI breaker for that circuit
in the service panel.

All was well for a year and a half, then the GFCI breaker
started tripping for no apparent reason. I assumed that the
breaker had gone bad, so I replaced it. The new one still
trips, albeit after a longer period of time (old, about
three minutes; new, three to 20 hours).

I've pulled all the outlets and tightened the screws.

Still the breaker trips after some hours, whether the
circuit gets loaded or not.

There are no motors on it right? I hear they can raise heck with GFCIs'.

Nope. Nothing plugged in, nothing built-in connected.

--
croy