Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default straightening warped reclaimed teak/mahog laboratory tops?

Jim K wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:39 pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/01/2012 13:43, Jim K wrote:

any guidance/ tips/ probabilities of success please?
they've been in a damp cold garage (wrapped in a tarp so not "wet" per
se)

What sized boards are we talking about? Or are these already glued up
worktops made from individual planks?

longest is abt 8ft X 2ft then 5ft X2ft

Hard to say construction details at mo but they *aren;t* modern glued
"stave" construction, they are old school lab. tops.... will have
another proper look in next few days

Plan would be to use em for kitchen worktops IF I have a reasonable
chance of straightening em out enough.....

screw em (upwards). flat to a beefy frame with strong screws.

Show them who is boss..

Cheers
Jim K