Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner

On Jan 8, 5:11*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
On Jan 8, 1:17 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote:

With this latest Shotgun Sarah news don't be surprised if can
get a law requiring single mom's to have a double barrel 12 gauge
in their trailer home.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04...lls-intruder-w....
spatcher-on-phone/

Actually it had been tried as a city in the 80s tried pass an
ordinance that everybody had to buy a firearm (don't recall right
off which kind) or pay a fine. That was tossed (quite rightly)
because you also have a right to not own a firearm under the second
amendment.

Kennesaw, Georgia. It wasn't tossed, it's still the law. You didn't
have to BUY a particular firearm, but each head of household was
required to have one handy. There were exceptions for religious
reasons. The law went into effect in 1982 and, since then, Kennesaw
has not recorded a murder, forcible rape, or felonious mopery.
Kennesaw has the lowest crime rate in Cobb county.

Another reason I don't like the laws that say private
property owners like malls must let people carry whether they want
them to or not.

There are compelling arguments on both sides. Inasmuch as a firearm
is constitutionally protected, property rights must yield in the
same way a mall cannot prohibit colored people, women, athiests, or
those who merely smell funny. (Not sure about the last.)- Hide
quoted text -

More lies. *You never read Dufs link did you?

I don't know who "Dufs" is or what his or her's link might be.

"Statistical analysis of [the] data over a longer period of time did
not show any evidence that [the law] reduced the rate of home
burglaries[in Kennesaw."

You're really great at inventing "facts".

Pay attention, fool. I did NOT say the RATE of burglaries was reduced. In
fact I said nothing at all about burglaries. Your quote is specious indeed.
Had you read further in the article you quoted, you would have seen that
which I DID reference:

"After passage of the law, the burglary rate in Kennesaw declined and even
today, the City has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County."- Hide quoted text -

You never read it did you? All crime is once again rising in Kennesaw.
There was just a short glitch.