Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 2012-01-08, Gary A. Gorgen wrote:

Unix went from AT&T to Novell to SCO.
SCO was originally formed to market and support Microsoft Xenix.
There were several large parties, when SCO disappeared.

Which was too bad, as the original Santa Cruz incarnation was pretty
sharp. I learned Unix on sys 5 UnixWare and one of the first Linux
distros I ever tried was Caldera Linux. CL could have been the first
Ubuntu, as it was definitely aimed at the clueless. Upon first
intall, it immediately fired up a game of tetris for the user to play
while it installed itself in the background. Unfortunately, SCO got
taken over by a buncha patent troll shysters and committed corporate
suicide by taking on IBM and a non-entity. Morons.

nb

--
vi --the root of evil