Swingman

Default Crosscut Sled - epiphany

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
: "Jeffrey Thunder" wrote in message

: You don't understand. Yes, the resulting angle when you join
: the pieces is indeed 90 degrees. But the joint won't look right.

: http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/parts.jpg
: http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/joint.jpg

: Go ahead, zoom in to your hearts content and tell me that the 90 degree
: miter joint, cut in 4 1/2" wide scrap plywood, on opposite sides of my

table
: saw miter sled, that cuts insuring complementary angles, doesn't "look
: right".

You've got a nice jig that has (very close to) 45 degrees on each side.

Your earlier posts didn't say anything about getting this close to
symmetry in the two angles.

I would have sworn they all did ... but maybe it was because I wrote it and
didn't have to read it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/11/04