Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Jack Jack is offline

Default The Woodturning Show on PBS

On 1/7/2012 2:53 PM, wrote:
On Jan 7, 9:58 am, wrote:
The next episode of Woodturning with Tim Yoder on PBS that's showing
out here is going to feature Alan Lacer. I had sent him an e-mail for
some advice and he was very helpfull. It's going to be on sharpening so
I'm going to be watching for sure plus recording it. Jim

The last one had Stuart Batty turning an off center bowl in a
rectangular piece of wood. Not a beginner show. He was using a
Stubby 1000 lathe.

Batty is an awesome turner. That was, imo, by far the best show Tim
had on so far. His skill and technique at the lathe is beauty in motion.
His grandfather and father were professional turners, and he has been
a professional turner since he was 12! That has got to be unusual in
itself today, and it shows. I need to see more of Stuart.
Here is a youtube link to who he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiT5vZeG8g

I'm going to look for more of his stuff.

Tim's previous show was possibly his worst, where he turned a 100 lb log
into a 6 oz bowl. I'm still shaking my head over that one....
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com