Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_16_] Andrew[_16_] is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On 15/12/2011 12:14, wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:31:43 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

What a plonker. Boy racers regularly burnt out the shafts on 850s.

It was the CV joints - I know, I was there. A mate of mine was so used
to doing them on his rally car he reckoned about ten minutes a side or
somesuch.
They were ****, though.

Also, talking of CV joints, the ones on the Imps were dreadful -
especially aftermarket ones. Iirc, there was a fix for that; making
sure the replacement was from a particular source.

Imps were rear-engined, rear wheel drive and had swing axles like
triumph spitfires. AFAIK At the inboard end was a rubber doughnut
arrangement to allow the angular flexing, not a CV joint as we
now know of ??.

Andrew