Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8679 Ignoramus8679 is offline

Default Anyone knows any published guides to securing loads on trailers

On 2012-01-08, wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:21:16 -0600, Ignoramus8679
wrote:

Let me give one example.

If, as you are tying something down, you wrap the strap even once,
around a round object, or the leg of something etc, it is not going to
shift under the tie down. A rigger taught me that. This is really
useful -- and simple -- and this is the kind of stuff I want to
learn. Tricks of the trade.

I bet tricks of the trade aren't published.

My favorite: drop the chain/strap end through the tie down slot on the
bed. Then the hook back up on the outside and attach. If the load
shifts and slacks, the chain/strap won't come undone.

Know others?

I try, nowadays, to buy only straps with locking/latching hooks.

What I do for the straps without latches, is put rubber bungee cords
to stretch them additionally, so they would not come undone.

The problem , as always, is that the situation progressively goes to
**** if the load shifts and straps slacken.