Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Leon wrote:
On 1/7/2012 9:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 08:55:16 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

You are riding in the car with a friend, he runs a red light gets
hit and is killed. You are charged with murder because you were
riding with out wearing a seat belt????

Now do you see the logic?

No. Again, I am not a lawyer, and not familiar with the specific
laws of your state or Oklahoma, but running a red light is not
even a misdemeanor, let alone a felony.

It is breaking a law. Therefore you are liable for being punished
in some way for being with him.

Being with someone is different than conspiring with someone.
Different logic.

Totally agree. But it is only speculative that there was a
conspiracy of what may have happened with the woman and her child.
Fortunately she made sure that we could only speculate and probably
saved the other guy in the yard from more serious charges.

Giggle.

"However, prosecutors have charged his alleged accomplice, 29-year-old
Dustin Louis Stewart, with first-degree murder. According to authorities,
Stewart was with Martin but ran away from McKinley's home after hearing the
gunshots.
" 'When you're engaged in a crime such as first-degree burglary and a death
results from the events of that crime, you're subject to prosecution for
it,' [Assistant District Attorney] Walters said."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/na...xtype=rss_news