Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phases 6 wires

On 2012-01-07, Denis G. wrote:
On Jan 6, 5:59*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
I have a Leland 6273 3 phase 240 V motor I am trying to figure out how to
hook up.

It has 6 black wires coming out of the motor.

It also has 2 much smaller brown wires coming out that were just tied out of
the way to the lifting ring. *I suspect those were for a tach or possible a
heat sensor.

[ ... ]

If it's any help, there are some wiring diagrams he
http://www.firstelectricmotor.com/motor_connections.htm

Maybe so -- but that site does not like me. It shuts down the
connection immediately, whether I'm using Opera or FireFox as a browser. :-(

I can't run O.E. as a browser -- wrong CPU and OS for that, so
if that is what it wants, it will have to do so without me. :-)

Maybe just undergoing service/updates, because it is just after
midnight locally.

But this appears to be a rather weird one as three phase motors
go, based on what we have discovered.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564