Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 1/7/2012 8:43 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

You're right, by now it may be too late to be really useful.
Still, why make it even easier for criminals to get guns?

Heh! It's BECAUSE criminals can easily obtain guns that the rest of
us should be able to obtain a gun just as easily.

Here's how a criminal gets his gun:
* Criminal #1: "Here's the money."
* Criminal #2: "Here's your gun."

Why should it be any different for me? (Fortunately, it's not much
different, but you get the idea.)

Well, all of you are right, except for 1 thing: Where did that
illegal gun come from? Just like a car can be traced through all its
owners by the VIN, a gun - IMO any gun - should be traceable through
a similar registration process. It's not only the last perp who has
an illegal gun and is guilty, it's all the former owners who
"neglected" to legally transfer the weapon, back to the manufacturer.

Need to register kitchen knives also. Oh and your machete, your
pitchfork, 2x4. All weapons of death in the wrong hands.

Take all guns off the streets and you have a new weapon of choice.

The guy who got angry at me for barely bumping the rear wheel of the bike
he was pushing on the sidewalk threw his slize of pizza at me. I guess I
was lucky he didn't have a gun or knife and that he was restrained by the
streetvendors. I think there is a difference in the effects of a slice
of pizza and a gun though.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing his tail? Gun registration is not a
fix for anything. It only gives the government one more power over
you and I.

I have no objection tosomeone having a gun, IF they know how to handle it
responsibly. The fact that now anyone who really wants it can get a gun
without anyone checking on him is what makes it scary for me. I really
think that should be made more difficult, and that both the buyer and
seller should face the consequences of an illegal act.

Now, I agree that isn't likely to be instituted any time soon, but,
using Heybub's story up there somewhere as an example: Did the guy
whomhe surprised in a burglary take any of Heybub's weapons, and if
so did Heybub notify the authorities of their "VIN"'s? Because it is
generally stolen or purposely bought and sold guns that are now the
"illegal" guns. Tracing them and legally punishing the sobs that
brought them on the illegal market in the first place ought to help
at least somewhat.

Which brings us to the intriguing question of why the US has the
highest % of population in prison of all Western countries, but that
should be another thread, perhaps not on the wreck.

And how many of those in prison are there for a reasons because there
was actually fowl play that involved a gun?? There are countless
reasons for being in joail that does not involve a weapon.

As I said, a different subject, but one of the facets of a less lawful
society.

Why a greater percentage? Because of way too many stupid laws.

We have gone over the aspects that the law of felony murder is likely
because of deterrence, and to get the guy who had been stirring up the
trouble and was "smart" enough to let someone else do the deed.

Seriously, someone kills your friend you are responsible for his death
because you were with him. Make up your own reason to prosecute him.
The only gun involved was the person doing the shooting with the
registered gun.

??

--
Best regards