Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

On 1/6/2012 10:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:50:27 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/6/2012 4:28 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article_OmdncUKb_QjiJrSnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

None of the news reports have mentioned it, but the dead guy's partner will
be charged with felony murder.

I have no sympathy for the dude, but that's the kind of ridiculous
overreaching by prosecutors that defies logic and commonsense.

Not in the slightest. If you commit a crime, and it causes someone to
die, that's murder. This is practically the textbook case.

Precisely what crime did the other guy commit when his buddy was killed?
Standing out side is not a crime is it?

If she hadn't been armed, what do you suppose would have happened to
her and/or the baby? Wouldn't she have been gang raped and
burglarized, at the very least?

Crimes:
stalking
breaking and entering with intent to rape
attempted burglary
Conspiracy to rape
Conspiracy to breaking and entering
Conspiracy to burglary

I am talking about the guy standing out side waiting on his buddy not
the guy that actually broke in. AND seriously the lady was scared that
any of those things could have happened but we will never know what may
have happened since nothing happened after she shot the guy. Hos only
crime was breaking and entering. That is where it stops. You cannot
continue to trump up, what could have happened, charges.

Find a speaking weasel. He'll put those into actual legal terms for
ya, bud.

These two were, in all probability, bad, bad men.

Key word there, probability, not absolute. And thank goodness in this
country we get a trial by jury rather than a shoot from the hip mob.

AGAIN I am not defending the other guy simply stating that he is not
liable for charges of something that did not happen.

Leon, what would you do if you were an American soldier driving down a
road in Afghanistan and you saw an Arab standing there with an RPG,
looking right at you after his buddy shot his RPG?
Standing by the road isn't a crime, is it?

I suspect that the Arab was shooting the RPG at the Taliban. IIRC we
are not at war with the people of Western Asia or Northern Africa. I
believe an Arab would be an ally. If he were not shooting at me I would
asses the situation and probably continue on.

What would you have done? Would have shot them cause the only good
foreigner is a dead foreigner?

Do you see how actual details and facts make thing look differently?

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra