Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

On 1/6/2012 8:55 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 01/06/2012 07:26 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/6/2012 8:13 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 01/06/2012 06:50 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/6/2012 4:28 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article_OmdncUKb_QjiJrSnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

None of the news reports have mentioned it, but the dead guy's
partner will
be charged with felony murder.

I have no sympathy for the dude, but that's the kind of ridiculous
overreaching by prosecutors that defies logic and commonsense.

Not in the slightest. If you commit a crime, and it causes someone to
die, that's murder. This is practically the textbook case.

Precisely what crime did the other guy commit when his buddy was
killed?
Standing out side is not a crime is it?

If he was the lookout to allow the crime to be committed, it was a
crime.

"If" Speculation, hopefully does not rule.

Still a murder did not happen! Him being there does not change that fact.

Got it.

"I was just there to say 'Hi'." "I had no idea the bitch would shoot one
of us just because we wanted a warm place to stay - and maybe a little
action. That's the only reason we kicked her door in. We always carry a
hunting knife while breaking in - whats the big deal, it was HIS knife,
not mine! I have no idea why she shot him, it could have been me and
that would ave been a bummer!"

Ok in all seriousness I am not defending either one. I am simply
stating that felony murder against the guy that was out side is a wrong
charge. He should be charged for something but certainly not felony
murder. Had his buddy murdered the woman then yes an accessory to
felony murder. If he is being charged as an accessory to a felony
murder, who actually committed the felony murder that he is an accessory
to and why isn't that person being charged too?

And other than a door being kinked in what crime was committed? The
lady feared for her life but other than her front door being kicked in
there was no other crime. Thankfully she stopped the guy before he had
a chance to go further with what ever his intent was. The law lets her
do what she did. But you simply cannot continue on and prosecute the
other people involved with the crime for things that did not happen.
There was no rape, therefore they are not charging the other guy with
rape. They did not assault her, therefore they are not charging him
with assault. They did not murder any one, why are they charging the
buddy with murder??? You simply cannot charge some one for something
that did not happen.

An another note, in Texas, many southern states, it is not unusual at
all to see one with a large hunting knife attached to his belt. AND
this is a more common site in trailer parks.