Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phases 6 wires - MISTAKE

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in
:

So how do I decide which set to hook up? Just do it and see what
speeds I get at what frequency?

Bob, this is just a guess, but I'm thinking it WON'T be the 20-ohm
windings.

That's the DCR. With AC (even at low frequencies) the inductance of the
windings will usually make them conduct somewhat less current than the
DCR would allow with DC applied.

With a 20-ohm DCR, the maximum any winding could draw would be 12 amps at
240 volts DC -- Even at inrush... even when stalling.

That doesn't sound like any 5HP motor I've used before. Mine had LOW
winding resistances.

Lloyd