Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another physics question

geoff wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes
On Jan 6, 5:18 pm, Neil wrote:
If you have a container and you put two vertical parallel wires in it,
why can't you determine the quantiy of a liquid poured into that
container based on the resistance measured between the two wires?

Basically too many variables.
Not once its calibrated

until you change the fluid composition...

Well yes, I was assuming a certain level of common sense in my reply

Always a dangerous thing with the likes of Dribble, Dennis and harry about.

Which is why this particular sort of transducer is NOT actually widely used.

Floats on arms and ultrasonics are just more reliable over a range of
fluids.