Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default Cheap source of matching door knobs?

On 7 Jan 2012 11:36:31 GMT
"AL_n" wrote:

I can't see the point in having a spring in the latch and another in
the handle. Surely one spring is all that's needed, isn't it? As my
mortice latches already have springs built in, I'd be content with
basic door knobs with no springs built in.

If there wasn't a spring in the handle then it would droop if there was
any play between the shaft and the handle or latch. This would be
particularly noticeable with a lever handle but no problem for a round
knob. It doesn't need to be a very strong spring though.

--
Mike Clarke