duncan

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

so it was you then........

or someone having brain problems.

I was rewiring our bungalow and had removed all the switches and began
pulling through the new cable into the loft.

pulled and pulled at the old kitchen light cable but it wouldn't budge,
went back down to kitchen only to find that about 6 inches above the
switch was a little hole - peered into the hole to find a wall plug
hmmmmm i thought its that Chris again :-))

this one had me cursing for a few mins pulling like mad at the cable in the
loft,
trying not to slip and put my foot through the ceiling.

"chris French" wrote in message
Been visiting my parents for a week, as usual did a few jobs around the
place for them.

One was to fit an old kitchen cupboard on the wall in the new utility
room.

Hold cupboard up on the wall deciding where they want it, I comment it
needs to be high enough to give access to the sockets and FCU's below.

Decide on placing, mark out and drill the first hole for the fixing
screws, drill goes off line a bit.. Peer into hole, notice something
shiny - realise it's the exposed live conductor of the ring main feeding
the above mentioned sockets etc.........

The question is - where was my brain at the time? It's not like I'm new
to this game, or that I didn't know they were there, or do not know to
check that sort of thing.............
--
Chris French, Leeds