Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Cheap source of matching door knobs?

Jim K wrote in news:fea69441-bd79-47a1-8063-
:

india or china ;))
I regretted fitting some cheapos in the past as they are the only part
of the door you "interact" with - if the catch or handle/knob is
cheapo then it makes itself known EVERY time you touch it....and
everyone else....

Jim K

I agree. That's why I want to change the ones I have. The brass looks nice
enough, but there are some sharp points on those lever-style handles, and I
find the action not as slick and ergonomic as the good old round, smooth
Victorian-style doorknobs.

For me, they don;t have to be expensive, as long as the design is good.
Years ago, I found a good source of imitation ceramic ones, made of hard
white plastic. It was at a Homebase store, now long gone. They were about
£1.99 a pair IIRC.

Al