Posted to alt.home.repair
Harrison Lighting and Neon Harrison Lighting and Neon is offline

Default Fluorescent starter-switch question wrong info

your giving WRONG information on availability and use of starters and YOU
CANT EVEN SPELL FLUORESCENT ????

wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:29:36 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

I have an older 18" fluorescent lamp that takes a 15WT8 bulb. As of this
morning, it no marcha. I suspect the starter switch, which is your glass-
tube type and is pretty black inside.

The problem is, I can't find any 15W starter switches at any location
close
to me. I can, however, cheaply and easily find a white, cylindrical
starter
switch that says, "13w, 30w, 40w" on it.

Can I use this "13w, 30w, 40w" switch with my 15w lamp?

Should be able to - the worst that can happen is it will STILL be
dead.
And when you say "older" you should REALLY be saying OLD.
It's been a couple of decades since a "starter" has been used on a
flourescent lamp.