Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phases 6 wires - MISTAKE

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:45:01 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 6:59 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
I have a Leland 6273 3 phase 240 V motor I am trying to figure out how
hook up.

It has 6 black wires coming out of the motor.

Is there any practical way using a meter to determine which wires to
pair
up
to connect to 3 connections on the VFD?

I would use the ohm meter function first to get a better idea of what
you have. I suspect you have three windings with both ends of each
winding brought out. That would allow you to connect it as either star
or delta.

Dan

Well, a quick check doesn't seem to be the case. Get about 20 ohms
between
any two of three wires and 2 ohms between any 2 of the other three.

A start winding and a run winding? Which one is which?
I would guess the lower impedance (higher load) would be the run winding.

Will putting a start timer relay on the start winding do anything funny to
the VFD when it disconnects if that's the case?

It sounds like a 2 speed motor -- 2 sets of windings. 96 RPM @ 6 Hz is
a 4 pole winding; 3680 RPM @ 130 Hz is 2 poles.

My mistake. It say 3/130 hz, not 6/130.

The Data Plate Reads: