Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Philips DVD player DVP642/37 - freezes up

In article ,
Peabody wrote:

It will be playing fine, but then just stops, with the picture
frozen. But not at the same place each time, and on multiple
discs.

If possible, I need this to work because it plays DivX files.

Any suggestions? Should I try to clean the head?

Does it simply stop playing at that point (but can be persuaded to
continue playing if you fast-forward/chapter-skip)?

Or, does it freeze up entirely, and have to be power-cycled to start
working again?

--
Dave Platt AE6EO