Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

On 1/6/2012 12:37 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On 06 Jan 2012 18:42:26 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
:

On 1/6/2012 8:14 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Leon wrote:
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-2679...r-18-kills-int
ruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html

None of the news reports have mentioned it, but the dead guy's
partner will be charged with felony murder.

I have no sympathy for the dude, but that's the kind of ridiculous
overreaching by prosecutors that defies logic and commonsense.

Asshat lawyers ...

I don't know. The guy knew that the lady was in her home alone, with a
baby. He and the dead dude were likely egging each other on, perhaps (as
it states) high on drugs, wanting more (money and/or drugs). Therefore,

Um, she was a looker and the guy she shot had been stalking her that
day. I think they wanted something other than money or drugs from her.

they were both committing a feloney, and the result was 1 dead dude. The
other should be charged with at least soomething, leading to the death of
the first one.

It's common for all parties involved to be charged with conspiracy to
murder when a death occurs during the commission of the crime. It
isn't often -pursued-, though.

It's not conspiracy to commit murder, it's a crime known as "felony
murder." Most states have a criminal statute that says if a person is
killed during the commission of a felony, the death is classified as a
murder, and every person involved in committing the felony is guilty of
the murder.

Yeah, the second guy needs to be punished for his involvement,
but I'm not sure a murder rap is the correct punishment.

That's the risk a person takes when deciding to commit a felony.