Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

On 06 Jan 2012 02:34:02 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 05 Jan 2012 22:31:46 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I'm a liberal. I am in favor of registration of firearms, and
licensing people for the use of them.

This lady did the right thing, and (I believe) has the 911 tapes to
prove it. Because she had a baby, and was in her home, she had and
has the right to defend herself against a perp like this. While it
must be traumatic to know she killed a human being, that human
being didn't live according to the rules. End of story. Kudos to
the lady and I hope she can get on with her life as best she can as
soon as she can.

Then live with the fact that in some benighted (i.e., liberal)
jurisdictions, she did NOT have the right to take a human life
unless she was certain her life was in danger (and maybe not even
then). She would not be allowed to presume an imminent threat to her
life by the actions of the squint. Unless he said "I'm going to kill
you," he could just as easily been inclined to merely rape her. She
didn't know, hence she was guilty of at least manslaughter.

I must admit that I'm not sure whether she or her baby was indeed
under real imminent threat of being harmed,

Didn't you listen to what she said in the video? Several large men,
one wielding a 12" knife, who broke her door down to get at her isn't
imminent threat of being harmed? Jesus, Han. Please buy a _clue_!

I indeed didn't listen to the whole story. I got the message almost
right away. I am not a lawyer who has to look at all sides. I believe
that indeed as you stated she was in imminent danger. And I am
definitely NOT saying she did wrong, liberal as I am grin.

g Great to hear!

and I did live in Mass. when there
was a case of a woman fleeing into her basement during a home
invasion, and killing the guy who ccame down after her. She was
acquitted, I believe, because there was no secondary exit through
which she could have fled. Had there been another exit from the
basement, she should have used that.

So his (possible) accomplice could have caught her instead? Right.

I lived in Mass in the early 70's - a long time ago, and my memory is
fading. If you want to research the details, go ahead. Not sure there
was or could have been an accomplice in this case.

That's why I put (possible) in there. Many of the home invasions (and
hot prowls, where they know people are home when they break in) are
done by groups, so they cover the house and exits, using them as
entries when the scared homeowners try to flee.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt