Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting wheel rims - need advice

If you want to exclude the only really good way to do the job.... then, buy
wide masking tape and put on the tires.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote in message
On my utility trailer, the rims are beginning to show rust on the outside
edge. I want to knock off the rust and paint the rims. I plan to remove
the wheels because they are likely the same on the inside.

Obviously, I don't want to get paint on the tires. I thought about putting
oil on the tires so any paint that got on them wouldn't stick and could be
wiped off. But I don't know if the oil would be bad for the tires.

Any suggestions on a better way to do this, other than taking them to a
tire shop and having the tires removed and then remounted after painting?

Thanks, Bob-tx