Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

In article ,
"Bill" wrote:

I am seeing signs the economy is improving.

But better yet I read that factory orders in China are dropping! I
would guess that people are fed up with buying crap which does not
work out of the box, does not work for very long, does not work as it
should, or is dangerous (toxic, electrical and can cause a fire,
etc.).

Anyway if anyone out there does any retail sales, try setting up a
"Not Made in China" section and see what that does for your sales!

From the following link...

"...after contaminated products from China ended up on supermarket
shelves. Suddenly, "Not Made in China" has become a major selling
point. DSM's Quali-C brand is flying out of its Scottish factory at
more than double the price for bulk Vitamin C..."

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...1/b4044060.htm

The article is dated July 30, 2007. I'm guessing the average consumer
has forgotten all about contaminated pet food by now, particularly in
light of economic developments since then.

However, for my 2 cents, the economy is recovering.