Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On Jan 5, 7:38*pm, Bill wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:04:07 -0800 (PST), toolbreaker wrote:
I have wondered about the wisdom of calling someone a liar or
otherwise insulting them in an open forum. * Most likely nothing will
happen but everything is public and the offending party can be tracked
down.

Like this?http://onlinedefamationlawsuits.com/

--
Email address is a Spam trap.

Without looking at your link first, I would like to point out that
there is a distinct difference of opinion and lying. It seems that in
this group, anyone who disagrees with anyone else is immediately
branded a liar. Now, I'm no net-nanny, but it would be a pleasant
change of pace around here if there was an honest discussion of
opinion without the name calling and other nastiness that seems to be
the refuge of those on the losing end of an argument. That sort of
behavior is pretty immature (as in you'd expect it in a schoolyard but
not in an adult conversation) and speaks poorly for the pepetrators.

And the ridiculous "I'm rubber you're glue" nonsense...Sheesh! Does
the question of whether not the party of the first part can prove
whether or not there is a god (or ever claimed that there was or
wasn't one) have any bearing on whether the party of the second part
ever served in Vietnam? I'm kind of inclined to say that no, there is
no bearing, yet there seems to be a more-or-less neverending supply of
keystrokes dedicated to just that question. This is, IMNSHO, beneath
even schoolyard behavior, and belongs in a playpen.

We are all, at least chronologically, adults here. How about behaving
that way?

I will now duck for cover.