Mike Hide

Default Wainscoting

Sorry I thought you wanted it to look like the real thing ,as it were made
of wood . So as the wainscote will not get any active use just be nailed to
the wall and if it is not abused on its way to the final destination it
should be fine .

As far as the door goes, just dont slam it .......mjh

"B a r r y" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:30:53 GMT, "Mike Hide"
wrote:

I have used MDF for panels in the past but not for stiles and rails .the
reason, it is homogenious and has low bending strength, [breaks easily]
relative to wood which has a higher directional strength...mjh

I've used MDF for the entire door on several occasions.

The reason I'm not worried about stile and rail strength is that the
panel can be glued in place. When the entire door is made of a
composite material, there's very little movement, so there no reason
for the panel to float.

The only reason I used built up construction is that I don't like the
curved corners left by "MDF Door" bits. These are the bits that
simply rout a fake panel on the face of the door.

Barry