Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default Washing machine drain tight connection

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
news
My washer has a pump that is too strong for the drains in this old house.
From what I have heard, some kind of tight connection is OK as long as the
washer has a pumped drain and not a gravity type.

Being an expert seat of the pants, shade tree type feller, I thought I
better pass this by the pros here before I throw the switch.

I already rooted out the drain all the way to the sewer, and the roof vent
is clear. Still not quite big enough for the newer washer.

Sketch of what I'm think about doing:

http://imageshack.us/f/856/washerd.gif/

Many thanks,

Bob

Check your drain pipe all the way from the washer to the sewer pipe.
There is NO WAY that a washer can overload a 4" sewer pipe UNLESS that pipe
is blocked.

Try renting one of those inspection cams that you can send down your drain
pipe, if need be.

Alternately, put a wash tub next to your washer and and use it as a
temporary overflow basin by limiting the outflow from it.