Jeff Thunder

Default Crosscut Sled - epiphany

In article ,
"Swingman" writes:

Well hell, if your problem was with Barry said all along, why start in on me
with "you don't understand" as a result of a very clear, qualified, remark,
as follows?

"Yabbut, with the miter jig as described, whereby complementary angles are
used to arrive at a 90 degree joint, the angle discrepancy is generally so
small that it doesn't make a tinker's damm about the length of one side
versus the other."

I'm sorry. I didn't leave enough context in my posts, so I'm afraid
there's been some miscommunication on my part. Here is the post
by Barry to which I was referring. (This is the post which started the
whole subthread according to my news readers.)

[begin quoted post]

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:00:18 -0500, "ClemsonDave"
wrote:

Ok, how about an easy way to make a 90 degree miter sled? Any tricks?
dave

Screw two cleats at as close to 90 degrees to each other to any sled
you have. Make the intersection of the cleats land over the existing
saw kerf. Mark one side "A" and the other "B". As long as one side
of each miter is cut with the "A" side and the other the "B", you get
perfect miters.

[end quoted post]

So you see, in my reading of this post the "miter jig as described" makes
absolutely no mention of trying to get the angle even close to
45 degrees. I thought this post was what your reply referred to as well.

Truce?

--
Jeff Thunder
The From: header above is wrong on porpoise