Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stocks end mixed year with a whimper, no change frombeginningexcept 5 million fewer jobs.

On Jan 4, 1:23*pm, jim wrote:

You can't get it to show percent change on GDP because you chose
a log scale. Displaying percent change as a log scale would make
little sense. There is a way to get percent change of a
log scale, but that doesn't make much sense either.
If you want to look at percent change you should go back to
displaying a linear scale.

I thought I had gone back to a linear scale. But I just tried again
and was it worked. Thanks.

Dan

The economy is not growing similar to what it did prior to about 1983.
From WW2 until the mid 1980's the economy rebounded back from a
recession with a V shaped recovery of greater than 5% growth.
Those bursts of growth quickly wiped out the losses of the recession

There is a good argument to be made that the economy has
been in a depression since 1999. The only thing keeping it
afloat is a massive private sector stimulus ($24 trillion borrowed
in the decade before the crash). And then after the 2008 crash
*private borrowing ended.