Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water to forced air

On Jan 4, 2:48*pm, Evan wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:24*pm, "
wrote:

On Jan 4, 1:49*pm, bob haller wrote:

I wonder how often the solar heater will provide needed heat to the
home.

if may not be cost effective

Another factor is a forced air system frequently already
has a heat exchanger in it, the AC evaporator. *Adding
another obstacle for the air to go through will create
more resistance for the blower. *It might create enough
so that it burns it out the blower motor. *Or the added
resistance reduces the cooling performance in summer,
etc. *Overall, doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

ROFL...

Not just cutting it into the duct work and adding it to what
is already there, but modifying the trunk where the AC coil
is located with some dampers and adding a place for the
hot water heat exchanger would do just fine without burning
out any fan motors as it blows the air past the AC coil just
fine without burning out now...

Clueless as usual. Re-routing the air through another
path via dampers, etc, creates significant additonal drag
as well. And I would not be surprised to find that the
addional resistance is MORE than just putting another
coil in the existing loop. Any of those add to the load
on the blower.

Want to tell us again how it's illegal to vent nitrogen into
the atmosphere from an AC system and how it must
be recovered as you claimed? Or how a homeowner with reasonable
skills is gonna die if they dare to cut and re-glue a simple PVC pipe?

Clueless, totally clueless.

It sounds to me like the OP's idea will have a high initial
cost and would be quite a while before any sort of ROI is
realized...

~~ Evan

Gee, you really think so?