Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ultimate sawhorse

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:28:31 -0800 (PST), Limp Arbor
wrote:

The big blue box store is practically giving away the Jawhorse miter
saw attachment for around $20. I bought one even though I don't have
a Jawhorse because it came with some rollers that clamp to 2by lumber
and some nifty right angle clamps for 2by lumber.

What all comes with it? It looks like a wooden tabletop and two
clamps with rollers. Are there brackets attached to the bottom of
that table, or does it just screw to your sacrificial tubafore?
Yeah, that looks handy even without a Jawhorse.

I started googling to see if there are any new ways to build a
sawhorse since one of our own came up with those three legged things
and came across this design:
http://www.woodshopdude.com/

I plan on buying the plans unless someone here has a link to a better
design

I hope you're doing that as a tribute to the designer.

I've been pretty happy with the little plastic foldup jobs from
Chiwan. I think they were $17 for the pair. I added a tubafore up top.

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.