Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default old water spot on sheetrock

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 05:44:03 -0800 (PST), dss
wrote:

Doug,

I recently tried the latex Kilz and it didn't cover very well. Even
after three coats. Try the oil-based or another brand.

dss

Did you stir the Kilz frequently? Make sure it is mixed well. I've
never had any fail - used in four houses.

I'm in the desert. We built a roof over the patio. I painted the new
fascia trim and ends of the beam (exposed) with Kiltz water-based.

It sat through several or more summers before I finally painted the
wood. Scuffed it up with some sand paper and the paint went down.

I've covered "red children's drawings" on walls. Couple coats - done.