Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 12:43 pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:44:11 -0600, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

Learning Latin has many uses
One of them is "stretching" intellectual capacity and ability

I had two years of Latin in high school All I remember is Amo, Amas,
Amat and Veni Vidi Vici. If I had Spanish I may have actually used
it over the past 50 years. Or French, Polish, or Italian.

Funny how my Latin set the ground work to easily learn French Spanish and
Romanian
But hey, I paid attention in the one year that I had to study Latin.

And had you spent that year learning any one of those, you would have:

1. Had a useable second language

Latin was a "useable 2nd Language".
I was able to have conversation with a R.C. Priest from Africa who spoke
Zulu and Latin

2. Also had the same knowledge to help learning the others also.

I disagree,
The Latin made it a lot easier and faster to learn the other 3.
Not to mention that I can still read Latin text even today.

Your point-of-view is extremely short-sighted