Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Channel Lock Junk

On 2012-01-03, Michael Dobony wrote:
I had to replace a lost Channel Lock slip groove pliers and went to Walmart
and picked up a model 430. I used them to take off some nylock nuts and it
nearly slipped out of joint. I took a look at them and noticed the nut and
bolt was replaced by a rivet! Took them back and went to Lowes and got a
Kobalt brand. MUCH better! Too bad Channel Lock went cheap.

You say they went cheap. They say:

"PermaLock® fastener eliminates nut and bolt failure"

Now, I'm not sure what a Permalock is, but I don't see you claiming
they didn't work or they somehow failed. There's a ****load of
structures being held together by rivets in this country, like the
Empire State Bldg and the Golden Gate Bridge, and I don't hear anyone
complaining about them "going cheap". How do we know the "nearly
slipped" issue is not operator error? According to wiki, CLs are
still made in the US. A more cost effective production method doesn't
necessarily mean cheap. "Too bad" you can't come up with something
more substantial than mere opinion.

nb

--
vi --the root of evil