Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3-in-1 oil in an electric motor

I do belive the older motors did need oiling. At least, the ones I've worked
on did. Drilling your own oil holes is (I think) a good idea. If you don't
get metal chips in there.

Farm supply places, they might have grease gun tips with a syring needle. So
you can inject some grease into CV joints. Or, on the farm, the permanant
lube joints on farm equipment. That are not made to be greasable, but
totally expensive and labor consuming to replace.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Mr.E" wrote in message

old stuff was designed so well much didnt matter

now stuff is designed so cheap it cant even be oiled......

I have drilled a few end caps to allow a telespout oiler to relube the
pads. Oreilly auto did stock 20wND oil.
--
Mr.E