Owain

Default "Part P in force by 2004"

"PoP" wrote
| Amazing isn't it? I have a job fitting a new cooker hood for someone
| later this week, and in doing so I won't be touching the electrical
| infrastructure of the house - just connecting up to the fused spur
| that is already in existence.
| This cooker hood could be in or out of the new legislation (arguments
| welcome), but from next April or whenever it seems certain that I'll
| have to turn away work that I could have done.

The "correct" way will be to extend the flex to the cooker hood with some
choccie block and tack it with bent-over half inch nails to the skirting
board halfway round the room and under a couple of door thresholds before
connecting it to a 13A fused plug (fused at 13A of course) and *plug it into
a socket.*

Extending an appliance flex is not fixed wiring and not within the
regulations.

Completely dangerous of course, but then these regulations aren't about
safety.

Owain