Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default 3-in-1 oil in an electric motor

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 23:43:13 -0600, wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 18:07:57 -0500, Ed wrote:

Personally, I think 3-in-1 Multipurpose Household oil is an expensive
way to oil things. Buy a pump oiler can, get a quart of non-detergent
straight weight SAE 20 oil, and use that in the future.

Many years ago, I'd have agreed with you. Seems like everything today
is electronic or has sealed bearings. I cannot think of a single
thing that I've oiled in years. I have a little can of some kind of
multi-purpose oil and I bet it is 30 years old.

I have a spray can of Big 90 that I've had for many years and I've
used it on a hinge or two. Last pump oil can I bought was 45 years
ago and I have no idea where it disappeared to.