Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:18:40 -0600, The Daring Dufas

On 2012-01-03, The Daring wrote:

I'm kinda fond of PC-BSD myself.

I use OpenBSD when I use unix. The BSDs are all good.

or not, most folks are using Microsoft products and I have to stay
up on what's going on with them and be familiar with them so I can
service their systems. I took a copy of Puppy Linux with me today when
I went to the young lady's home to fix her computer, I often use a live
Linux CD to test a system to make sure the hardware is OK before diving
into the addled software installed on the hard drive. ^_^

If ppl want to stick with Windows or Apple, fine by me. I'm no linux
evangelist. I jes think it the height of absurdity to use a computer
platform where a commercial entity, be it M$ or Apple, exerts more
control over the computer and its use than the owner. Even more
astonishing is ppl actually paying a corporation for the privilege of
being dictated to. "Here's my $$$. Now, tell me what I can or can't
do"

Un-freakin-believable!!

nb

Gunner uses Xandros but it's payware Linux and I suppose that's OK if
you want a software distribution where someone else has already pulled
all their hair out while making it all work. Darn it, Linux will wind
up in the hands of the dumb masses. o_O

TDD

Actually..I use 4.6 Xandros..which was free.

Gunner

Gunner Asch