Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Moe Gasser Moe Gasser is offline

Default Converting warehouse lighting from T12 to T8

On 1/3/2012 11:38 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Ed wrote:

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:19:50 -0600, Ignoramus4193
wrote:

My warehouse is lit by T12 based lights that seem like they are from
1970s or 1980s. The minus is that they look old, the plus is that they
are still around after all those years.

As we all know, T12 is being replaced by T8 and T5 lights.

Is this a commercial warehouse? If so, contact the power company.
Some are offering rebates for new lighting. We did our production and
warehouse and the rebate was about $9000.

The power company here will provide and install the new lights at no
cost to the business owner, according to my electrician.

If you're a Fortune 500 company and your local municipality leans to the
right, they will grant your company a 20 year tax break too.