Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Free Router

On 1/3/12 10:54 PM, Steve B wrote:
A falling piece of lead would easily penetrate.

Bow do you know this?

I've seen other experiments testing the urban myth of pennies being
thrown off the empire state building killing people below. The tests
showed that the penny barely broke the skin. More tests were done on
heavier and more aerodynamic objects, including bullets and they did
little more that cause some bleeding.

I think in an ideal situation, with the bullet hitting point down on the
perfect part of the human skull, it could crack the skull, but not
penetrate. Of course, as has been pointed out, this in not the situation
in which people are being killed by "celebratory gun fire."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--