Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Xmas tree bulbs - web recommendation?

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:57:25 +0000, charles wrote:

In article op.v7il1nvngtk8fg@admin-pc,

I hate throwing anything away but LED sets are now pretty cheap, use
less power and allegedly last longer.

and don't look nearly as nice - in my opinion

YMMV: I bought some from CPC just before xmas: a set of 120 (LP0399975)
which has very nice saturated red, green, yellow and blue LEDs, a set of
100 warm white LEDs (LP0400375) which are a bit cooler than the
incandescents I've already got but look OK in isolation, and a lovely set
of 'berry' lights (LP0420975) with 2 slightly different sizes of
translucent plastic balls on coloured LEDs giving pastel colour red
yellow green and blues which you simply couldn't get from filament lamps.
I'm very pleased with them, especially as most of the LED sets I've seen
other people using (especially flashing ones) have looked ghastly (to me).

--
John Stumbles