Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT New tag

On 1/3/2012 10:28 AM, dpb wrote:
On 1/3/2012 8:22 AM, Norminn wrote:

Odds are pretty good that unless actually do something to attract
attention they'll never get glanced at as long as are the right color
for the current year and have the right month expiration letters (which
are the only visible-from-distance printing).

--

Not so fast ) Ex. husb. is ex. cop...when we rode together with me
driving, he would mention occasionally when a cop was behind us that the

Well, maybe, but odds are still pretty good in your favor unless you've
done something to bring attention to yourself. (Unless you're in a place
that has a ratio of 1:1 cop cars following you???)

VERY old car in very upscale neighborhood would probably suffice, even
without determining my skin color. ) I was most fond of my '84 Buick
because it was so easy to find in parking lots....

If weren't, there wouldn't be so many swiping stickers, would there?
Odds are it get's 'em through at least one renewal period, maybe a
couple...

I got stopped in the old work truck last year because the stickers were
out of date--they came in mail the day we were leaving town and I had
only put them on the car and stuck them in the glovebox of the 4x4 then
totally forgotten about it. Fortunately, since they were there the dude
let me go but it was the wrong color/year that caught his eye, not the
actual tag number. If it had been somebody else's sticker but the right
color, nothing would have happened.

--

I did the same thing, but didn't get stopped. Finally remembered to
stick it....had hoped warmer weather would arrive first.