Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 1/3/2012 8:22 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2012-01-03, The Daring wrote:

You are an exception to rule when it comes to computer users. When I get
a call that a computer or POS "Point Of Sale", not the other
connotation, is not working at a well known women's clothing store, I
usually find something unplugged. In the good old days of The PC, you
had to be a geek to make anything work, especially Usenet but alas, the
dumb masses descended on computers with a vengeance and all we geeks can
do is cope and hope to survive without shooting ourselves or anyone
else in the head. o_O

Sad, but true.

It really came home to me when I asked a buncha geezers (like myself)
at a potluck if anyone would be interesting in learning linux. One
ol' codger immediately piped up, "I'll give up my Windows when they
pry it from my cold dead hands". After picking my jaw up off the
floor, it dawned on me the irrepressible freedom loving American is a
myth. We've become so lulled by corporate America and the creature
comforts it provides that we'll sacrifice any liberty to maintain the
illusion. Actually, it's waaaay beyond sad and has passed straight
into damn scary!

nb

GEEKS UNITE! We must come together to save the world! Um,... oh yea,
we've already been doing it for some time. Nothing would function for
very long without us. o_O

TDD