Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Sheet metal nibbler vs. shears

"Stanley Schaefer" wrote

Sort of the same idea but mine's a welded box with a shoe pivoted at
the rear. I'm pretty sure I got it from Princess Auto when they had a
presence(briefly) in the US. Replaces the normal blade guard just
like the HF jobbie. Kind of a pain changing wheels with it on.
Either one could follow a clamped-on guide for straight cuts, which is
the reason I got it in the first place.

Stan

I am going to have many straight cuts 48' long of 29 ga. paintlock. I
inherited a radial arm saw that just might be up to the task, but may only
cut half of the sheet at a time, and I would have to build a table to secure
the entire sheet to keep from launching it. I hate cutting this stuff with
a circular saw, although it has been suggested by others. I will only do it
when no other way is possible, or it is a small cut. Right now, I'm ready
to order a DeWalt W890 for the straight work, and am deciding on a nibbler
and handheld anvil type for finer work.

Steve