Unisaw A100

Default $7 Splitter

Silvan:
Wow, it looks like this guy is advocating the use of a table saw without the
GUARD. What kind of a crazy maniac is this guy anyway?

At the end of the Wood magazine article where they reviewed
this, the Biesemeyer, Delta and the Excalibur they (Wood)
had noted that these (the pin inserts) were the best buy but
you should look at putting your savings towards an over arm
guard. Had a lawyerish feel to it.

(Have you tried this, Keith? I usually run a splitter with the guard hacked
off, but the splitter on my new saw is incredibly flimsy, and incredibly
irritating to remove and reinstall. I was just thinking about how I would
remedy that when I saw your post. That pin thing looks like it might be a
good way to go, if it would actually work.)

I haven't done the pin though I do currently use an insert
with a 3/4" high maple splitter glued in. So far, knocking
wood, so good. I do like the Grip Tite feature of being
able to switch between the 3/32" and 1/8" pins.

'Sides, it would be easier to align than a glued in fin
splitter. And hell, it's only $7.

UA100