Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I'm surprised you've never read the Prius Forum. Where real people
talk about their real cars. In the US, about 40 mpg is the norm for
town use. And even allowing for the US gallon being smaller

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/MPG_020.jpg

74.4mpg - that was a pic of the Prius display which is US and a smaller
gallon.

Would you like a picture of my 3.5 litre V-8 trip computer showing 175 mpg?

I note that on one of the Pious owners forums a driver is whinging that
he can only achieve 42 mpg in his (Mark III) Pious. The advice from the
other forum members included "Drive for 5 minutes to get the car warmed
up and then reset the mpg button." These dopes are as moronic as Drivel.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef7c05b