Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

Doctor wrote:

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/MPG_020.jpg

74.4mpg - that was a pic of the Prius display which is US and a smaller
gallon.

Six miles, that was the distance travelled and no one can tell from that
display what sort of terrain the distance was travelled over.

I've had a 4.0 litre 4x4 achieve over 70mpg over a longer distance. From
Airolo to Biasca, a distance of 24 miles, do you think[1] that means
that the 4x4 can normally achieve 70mpg+?

Here's free clue bozo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxB6ma7qu8

Note that using hypermiling techniques, this driver is getting no better
than 57mpg at an average speed of 29mph.

Using the same techniques it's possible to hypermile conventional
engined cars in excess of 90mpg. The Fiar 500 multi-air eco that I was
driving last week achieved 69 mpg over a 360 mile drive and I really
wasn't trying to economise. FFS shut your pie hole and come back when
your brain starts working.

[1] The term is used loosely, we both know that you don't.