Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Happy New Year! (12 year old boy hit by stray bullet - will likely be a vegetable if he lives)

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 1/2/2012 7:25 PM, Frank wrote:

-snip-

I figure that the deaths that occur are probably from bullets shot at 45
degree angles or less which could be lethal.

Yep, and I recall a tragic death of a young woman in New York years ago
when a fellow fired a rifle out into the water at a harbor. The bullet
skipped off the water, entered through the open back window of a passing
car a mile away and pierced the skull behind the ear of the young woman
who was driving the car. An amazing detective figured out what happened.

Don't need to use the way-back machine. a month or so ago-
1.5miles- muzzle loader accidental discharge- through a buggy roof and
an Amish girl.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...w6O_story.html

Jim