Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16953 Ignoramus16953 is offline

Default Low boy Trailer re-wiring

On 2012-01-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 13:23:49 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:06:15 +0200, Kristian Ukkonen
wrote:

On 1/2/2012 14:41, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:09:36 -0600, Ignoramus15400
wrote:
I would like to ask if it makes sence to just redo it all, rip out and
throw everything away, and make new wiring.

Or simply get out the cupwheel on the angle grinder, remove the ground
stud and clean it up a bit, put the wire back on the stud with a
lockwasher..then spritz a bit of paint over it, then go on to the next
one..you have at the least..3 ground areas that need clean up

I'd do this once and if it fails in less than 10 years,
redo the wiring then.. Why bother if it works..

Because you really don't want to drive out 100 miles, pick something
up, and realize that the lighting system has gone out on you. Murphy
says: this usually happens when it's dark and raining or snowing.

Simple tickets have a tendency of costing a minimum of $262 nowadays,
for "court costs".

If you do the clean up work properly..the lighting isnt going to go out
in 100 miles, unless you were hit from the rear by a semi

I have a special copper-filled conductive grease, which, I hope, will
make a difference.